Research on sustainable living

16 Places

Curation

【ABOUT BROOKLYN GRANGE 】 Founded in 2010, Brooklyn Grange is the leading rooftop farming and intensive green roofing business in the US, operating the world’s largest rooftop soil farms, located in New York City. Brooklyn Grange promotes sustainable urban living by building green spaces, hosting educational programming and events, and widening access to locally grown produce in New York City communities.

Last Edited: 2023/12/07

Brooklyn Grange

Brooklyn

【Organic farming】 Brooklyn Grange adheres to sustainable farming and gardening practices and maintains all farms and gardens according to organic principles, using certified organic soil, organic soil additives, natural wood and other materials. 【Recycling and composting】 An on-site composting facility is set up on the farm to process all organic waste on site. Materials will also be recycled and reused, and some damaged or discarded plants will even be brought back to the farm to be cared for and integrated into the ornamental plant area.

Last Edited: 2023/12/07

Brooklyn Navy Yard

Brooklyn

With a 2,000 sq foot paved patio, adjacent green wall, and winding walkways, this farm can be set up in a variety of configurations.

Website

Last Edited: 2023/12/07

Sunset Park

New York

Website

Last Edited: 2023/12/07

Javits Center

New York

The Farm spans an acre of green roof vegetable growing beds, a 3,500sf climate-controlled greenhouse, and a 10,000sf rooftop orchard and food forest with 38 apple and pear trees. Adjacent to the farm is a massive "mobile garden" with over 100 movable planters full of native perennials.

Website

Last Edited: 2023/12/07

Soul Fire Farm

Petersburg

Soul Fire Farm is an indigenous African-centered community farm in St. Petersburg, New York, USA, dedicated to eradicating racism and having food sovereignty in the food system. Providing low-cost home delivery of fruit and vegetables to area residents and sharing skills on sustainable agriculture.

Website

Last Edited: 2023/12/07

Good Buy Supply

Philadelphia

GOOD BUY SUPPLY is Philadelphia’s first green sustainable lifestyle store dedicated to providing low-waste and plastic-free alternatives for everyday life.

Website

Last Edited: 2023/12/07

Fillaree

Durham

In addition to supplying sustainable stores, Fillaree also started its own offline "replenishment store". The storefront is a light brick building with a wall of windows on the front and a black flat roof with the Fillaree logo and "Soap, Fill and Eco Gifts" on it.

Website

Last Edited: 2023/12/08

Big Delicious Planet

Chicago

Big Delicious Planet has opened a small garden farm with 77 raised beds next to the restaurant's kitchen. It grows dozens of vegetables, fruits, herbs and edible flowers, harvests thousands of pounds of produce every year, and keeps bees. , and has three beehives.

Website

Last Edited: 2023/12/08

Blue Hill at Stone Barns

Tarrytown

"We work with 64 local farms; 30% of our winter menu purchased in October and November to store, preserve or ferment; we work closely with vegetable and grain breeders to develop and champion varieties that have lower inputs and require less energy to produce."

Last Edited: 2023/12/08

The Inn at Little Washington

Washington

The Inn has been serving regional American cuisine utilizing indigenous products from local farmers, ranchers, and the Inn's own garden for 43 years.

Last Edited: 2023/12/08

Rainbow Grocery

San Francisco

Last Edited: 2023/12/08

Gracias Madre

West Hollywood

Last Edited: 2023/12/08

SingleThread Farms

Healdsburg

Connaughton's farm is an organic, no-till farm, a regenerative practice that enhances the ability of soil to sequester carbon (thus reducing greenhouse gases in the environment); it provides 70% of the restaurant's produce, and the remaining 30% come from Sonoma Valley suppliers.

Last Edited: 2023/12/08

Harbor House Inn

Elk

Chef Matthew Kammerer is devout when it comes to hyper-local and foraged ingredients; his efforts include utilizing produce sourced from their organic farm, hydrated with the restaurant's gray water.

Last Edited: 2023/12/08

Atelier Crenn

San Francisco

Farmer William Henpenn uses biodynamic methods to grow fruits and vegetables that can be the stars of the plate, not just flourishes on the side. Food scraps and other compostable items are sent back to Bleu Belle Farms to nourish the soil.

Last Edited: 2023/12/08

Osteria Mozza

Los Angeles

Last Edited: 2023/12/08

*About content is only represents by the creator personal opinions. Exping has not responsible with it.

- Looks like you've reach the end -